+ Alumni Events
+ Alumni Travel
+ Alumni Update Form
+ Founders Walk
+ Howard Magazine Online
+ Online Community
+ Photo Gallery
+ Pre Alumni
+ Reunions
+ Giving to Howard
+ University Advancement Home
+ Volunteer
+ Alumni Relations Info
+ E-Mail Us
+ Maps & Directions
+ Meet Our Staff
    Frequently Asked Questions

Which office should I contact to obtain an official transcript?

Written Transcript Request

Alumni who wish to obtain official Howard University transcripts should contact the Records Office directly at (202) 806-2712.  Requests for official transcripts require the signature of the former student requesting the transcript.  Currently, the University does not accept requests for transcripts via electronic mail.  A transcript may be requested in writing by sending a signed letter to:

Howard University
Records Office
2400 Sixth Street, NW
Room 104
Washington, DC 20059

The following information must be included in your written request.

  1. Social Security Number or Student ID Number
  2. Current name and/or name used while attending Howard University
  3. Current Address
  4. Date of Birth
  5. Dates Attended
  6. Date of Graduation
  7. Full Name & Address of the person or institution to which the transcript is to be sent

A $5 processing fee for each official transcript must accompany the written request. 

For more information, visit the Office of Records online - Click Here

On-Line Transcript Request:

Requests for academic transcripts can be made in writing or via Bison Web.

WEB TRANSCRIPT REQUESTS: Web transcript requests are the fastest and most convenient way to obtain an official transcript. This requires that you complete the entire web process including confirmation of payment via credit card. Web requests are usually processed the “next business day.” To request a transcript via the web select the Bison Web link and enter your User ID (HU student ID number), and your PIN (six digit date of birth). You are required to enter the “@”symbol and “01” if your ID number is less than eight digits.

WRITTEN REQUESTS: Written requests will be honored only if they contain the signature of the student or former student whose record is requested and the student must be cleared financially by the Office of Student Financial Services. Please include your name, student identification or social security number, approximate dates of attendance, and the exact address where you want the transcript sent. All transcript requests will be honored as expeditiously as possible, but during such periods as examinations, grade reporting, and registration there may be some delay.Each academic transcript issued by the Office of the Registrar reflects, in chronological order, the COMPLETE and UNABRIDGED history of ALL academic endeavors attempted and/or earned by the student at Howard University. Partial transcripts are not furnished.The fee for all official transcripts is $5 per copy. Students may obtain unofficial transcripts for free via Bison Web.

Please forward written requests to the following address:

2400 6th Street N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20059

Reltated text can be found at this location .

How can I update my address?
If you have an address change, name or employment updates, please submit information using our online update form.

How can I obtain a replacement of my diploma?


Which office should I contact to obtain my account balance information?
Alumni who wish to obtain information on account balances should contact the Office of Student Accounts at (202) 806-2610. 
Information on account balances may be requested in writing by sending a signed letter to:

Howard University
Office of Student Accounts
2400 Sixth Street, NW
Room 115 
Washington, DC 20059

Your signed letter should include the following information:
   1. Social Security number or Student ID number
   2.  Current name and/or name used while attending Howard University
   3.  Current Address


© 2008 Howard University, all rights reserved.
Department of Alumni Relations, 2225 Georgia Avenue, NW, Room 918, Washington, DC 20059
Phone: 202-806-5857 - Contact Alumni Relations at
General Howard Contacts - www.Disclaimer