HUACNJ READ ACROSS AMERICA !
HUACNJ will host a Read Across America event on March 2, 2013 from 12:30 pm - 3:00 p.m in East Orange and Paterson.
We are asking all Howard University alumni from New Jersey to participate in our event to make this program successful.
We want to provide a book to every child who attends our program.
There are three ways you can assist:
- Donate new or gently used books for ages 3-13 years old, with an emphasis on African-American heritage books, dictionaries, and activity books.
- In lieu of books, you can make a monetary donation to help purchase books and supplies for the event. Make checks or money orders payable to HUACNJ (put "Read Across America" in the memo line).
- Donate healthy snacks to provide to participants at the event. Below are the snacks needed:
· Gogurts (yogurt)
· Fruit cups or packaged apple slices
· Pretzels (individual bags)
· Granola bars
· Bottle water (8 oz bottles)
· Small vegetable platter with low fat dip
To provide a donation or to volunteer with the HUACNJ Read Across America event at either the East Orange Public Library or the Paterson Public Library on March 2, 2013 please contact Chesney Blue at Chesney_Blue@hotmail.com, 973-444-2494.
Mailing address for monetary donations: HUACNJ - Post Office Box 8051, Piscataway, NJ 08855 www.njbison.org