These guidelines are intended for all users of and contributors to the Howard University Community Events Calendar network (HUCEC), including those who submit events as well as those who use event information in any way. By definition, your use of HUCEC means you have read these guidelines and agree to abide by them.
HUCEC consists of two calendar levels:
1) General University Calendar (HUCEC-Gen) is a Campus-wide calendar listing events of interest to the entire University community.
2) Departmental Calendars (HUCEC-Dept) are departmental calendars that list events specific to the population served by the particular department. Some HUCEC-Dept events may be listed in HUCEC-Gen at this latter's discretion.
HUCEC welcomes feedback and suggestions for improving these guidelines.
Event Submission Guidelines
- Events generally must take place on the Howard University Campus, including Main, East or West, but exceptions to this rule will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Events must be posted by or on behalf of a recognized University group or group effort.
- Because of volume and logistical limitations, HUCEC reserves the right to exclude certain types of events from the General University Calendar--for example, regularly scheduled departmental or business meetings. However, we welcome the listing of special concerts, and so forth that are open to the entire University Community.
- Both non-profit and for-profit organizations may submit events, but HUCEC reserves the right to limit or reject for-profit events that, in its sole judgment, are primarily sales-oriented in nature and import.
- Listing of University-sponsored fund-raising events is welcome. Listing of private and/or commercial events is not permitted.
- Events will not be listed unless required information, including contact information, is provided through the HUEC Submit Event Form, and the form is properly completed and submitted to the respective Calendar.
- HUCEC reserves the right to edit any event, including but not limited to changing the category in which that event is listed.
- HUCEC will not knowingly publish or permit to be published any information we consider to be grossly offensive, improper, obscene, dangerous, libelous, false or illegal, or which violates a third party's right of privacy.
- Any opinions expressed are solely those of the sponsors. Sponsors are solely responsible for their own submissions, including but not limited to issues of fact, libel and securing appropriate permission for use of University facilities, and any copyrighted material.
- HUCEC reserves the right to suspend calendar privileges to any group or individual who violates these guidelines.
Usage & Hold Harmless Provisions
- While HUCEC endeavors to insure the accuracy and reliability of its calendar data, users of this calendar hereby acknowledge that HUCEC and Howard University cannot be held responsible for incorrect or incomplete calendar information, regardless of origin, or for any negative consequences arising from any reliance on such incorrect or incomplete information.
- Any person or organization using or relying upon data from HUCEC hereby agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Howard University from any damage resulting from any downtime of the HUCEC server and related computer operations or from the failure of a submitted event to display in the HUCEC system.
- All content providers hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Howard University, along with its officers, directors, employees, volunteers, sponsors and partners from any and all third party claims that any HUCEC calendar content violates a third party's right of privacy or contains any defamatory content or violates any local, state or federal laws or regulations.
- Howard University does not discriminate against any person or group on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, or physical ability.