At the Career Services Office we see our faculty as vital partners in preparing our students for their transition into today's complex and competitive job market. Below are some suggestions of creative ways you can partner with us beyond sharing job and internship information with students.
Invite a CSO Staff Member or One of Our Employer Partners into Your Classroom
If you are considering innovative ways to compliment your syllabus, consider inviting a member of our staff, or a professional from one of our employer partners to present a career related topic in your classroom. Presentations can include:
- Career Planning
- Workplace Simulations or Exercises
- Myers-Briggs Training
- Field Specific Success Strategies
- Resume Writing
Give Students Assignments or Credit for Attending Career Related Activities
An excellent way to assist students in making the connection between their academic studies and "real world" work place issues is to give them assignments to attend career development activities.
Many faculty members assign students to attend career fairs, career development workshops, employer information sessions, and lectures given by workforce leaders. See our calendar of events for current listings of events and activities.
Assist Employers in Connecting with the CSO
Some of the greatest employer contacts in the CSO have come from faculty members who have advised employers to work with our office.
Suggested Ways to Assist Employer In Connecting With CSO:
- Have the employer review our website at www.howard.edu/careerservices to provide them with a comprehensive overview of our office and its services.
- Advise the employer to contact Ms. Nana Ansah or Ms. Nadine Nadine, our Campus Recruitment Coordinators at 202.806.7513 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will assist the employer in scheduling an on-campus recruitment initiative, advise employers on upcoming career fairs, suggest recruitment strategies, and advise employers on other campus activities the employer may want to participate in.
- Advise employers to fax job and internship listings to 202.462.4267. All jobs are posted within 48 hours and can be posted online with their approval.