Arunsi U. Chuku, Ph.D.
Associate Professor (Temporary)
Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
2400 Sixth St, NW Washington, DC, 20059
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, 1975.
M.Sc., Electrical Engineering, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, 1968.
B.Sc., Electrical Engineering, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Nigeria, 1966
Power system analysis, power system protection, power system reliability, and energy system..
SAMPLE OF RECENT PUBLICATIONS
- Making Solar Energy a Viable Stand-Alone Alternative through Energy Efficient Control Algorithm. A.U. Chuku, B. Oni, F. Kuate and E. Overton. Proceeding of the 6 th International Conference on Power System Planning and Operation in Praia, Cape Verde, May 22-26, 2005, pp 178-187. Printed by Howard University Press.
- Teaching Solar Energy Applications Using In-House Developed Testbench. A.U. Chuku, B. Oni, F. Kuate and E. Overton. Proceeding of the 37 th IEEE Southeastern Symposium on System Theory, March 20-22, 2005, pp 346-351.
- Integrated Engineering Education Through Multi-Disciplinary Nationally Relevant Projects: The solar Decathlon Project, A.U. Chuku, B. Oni, et al. proceeding of the 2003 ASEE Annual Conference in Nashville, Tennessee, June 22- 25, 2003.
- Relieving Electricity Supply Stress through Dispersed Generation, A. U. Chuku, B. Oni and F. Kuate, Proceeding of the 5 th International Conference on Power system Planning and Operation in Abuja, Nigeria, Dec. 16-18, 2002, pp 178-187. Printed by Howard University Press.
- Generatioin Maintenance Scheduling In a Restructured Electric Power Industry for Developing Countries. A. U. Chuku and B. Oni. Proceeding of the 4 th International Conference on Power System Planning and Operation in Accra, Chana, July 31 to August 3, 2000, pp 165-171. Printed by Howard University Press.
- Reconfiguration of Distribution Feeders for Voltage Deviation Minimization with Feasibility of ANN. J. A. Momoh, Y. Amedgadge and A. U. Chuku. Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Power System Planning and Operation in Abidjan, Cote’ Ivoire, January 14 - 16, 1997, pp. 378 - 383. Printed by Howard University Press.
- Optimizing Design Based Undergraduate Power Engineering Education Program. J. A. Momoh, A. U. Chuku and P. Bofah. Proceedings of the 1996 Frontiers in Education Conference, Salt Lake City, Utah, Nov. 5 - 6, pp 440 - 445.
- Integrated Detection and Protection Schemes for High Impedance Faults on Distribution Systems. J. A. Momoh, A. U. Chuku, L.G.Dias, and Z. Z. Zhang. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, pp 1102 - 1109, 1992.
- Bridging the Gap for Future Educators and Researchers in Electric Energy Systems. J. A. Momoh, A. U. Chuku, Roger Austin et. al. IEEE transaction on Power Systems, Vol. 6, No. 3 , August 1991, pp 241 - 247.
- Reliability Criteria for Power System Operation and Planning Purposes. A. U. Chuku, The Nigerian Engineer, Journal of the Nigerian Society of Engineers, Vol. 21, Nos. 2 & 5, Jan. - June, 1986, pp. 64 - 67.
- Investigation of Transient Stabilizing Control Effects on Turbine Generator Shaft Torque’s. U. O. Aliyu and A. U. Chuku, IEEE Trans. Power and Apparatus and Systems, Vol. 101, No. 8, Aug. 1982, pp 619 - 624.
- Expert System Aided Contingency Analysis and Corrections. J. A. Momoh, A.U. Chuku and G. Powell. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Nov. 4 - 7, 1990, pp. 381 -389