Undergraduate Online Application Instructions
Should you have any questions while completing your application, you may contact the Office of Admission at 1-800-822-6363 (outside metro DC area) or 202-806-2763 (within Metro DC area). You may also direct your application questions via email to email@example.com.
NOTE: A valid credit card is required to submit the admission application online. Your application will not be processed without this payment.
On this page:
Review Admission Process Overview, Deadlines, Requirements, etc. before starting your application.
Instructions for Requested On-line Application Information
- Enter your foll legal name. If you are a FSR, and were known by another name, please enter your previous last name.
- Mailing Address
- Enter your mailing address on "Address Line 1" without punctuation or abbreviation.
- Use "Address Line 2" for apartment or floor numbers or if your entire address does not fit in "Address Line 1".
- Permanent Address
- Enter your permanent mailing address on "Address Line 1" without punctuation or abbreviation. International students must enter an address in the nation where they reside.
- Use "Address Line 2" for apartment or floor numbers or if your entire address does not fit in "Address Line 1."
- Personal Information
- You must indicate your gender.
- Enter your social security number without the use of dashes, spaces, or parentheses.
- Indicate any relatives (excluding spouse) who have attended or are attending Howard.
- Planned Course of Study
- Enter your intended major.
- High School
- If you do not know your high school code, go to the next field.
- If you do not know your exact date of graduation, enter the date as the first date of the month you will graduate, e.g., June 2012 = 060112
- Previous College
- Transfer students should indicate current post-secondary institution(s).
- Visiting and unclassified students must indicate information on previous/current post-secondary institution(s).
- Additional Information
- If you respond yes to any one of questions 2 through 7, provide a written, detailed description of the circumstances of the incident(s).
- International Information
- If you have not received your visa or do not know your visa type, leave this section blank.
Checking the Status of Your Application
To check the status of your online application after submission, login to the online application. Under "Processed Applications" click the term you applied for (i.e. "Fall 20__" or "Spring 20__" .) You can now view the progress and/or admission application decision.