H.U.I.E.P. Domestic Exchange Program Requirements
An application must be typed and submitted to Wanda M. Jones; Domestic Exchange Coordinator located in Room 105 of the Mordecai Wyatt Johnson
Administration Building (202-806-2709). The following requirements must be met before consideration of your application:
- One-year residency at Howard is mandatory.
- Sophomore (at least 30 hrs) or Junior classification at the time of application.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 is required for participation at most institutions. Some universities require a 3.0 GPA
- All course work must be taken on a “For Credit” basis. Courses should not be taken as “Audit” or “Pass-Fail”.
- Course work on the quarter grading system should yield five (5) quarter hours to be equivalent to a three- (3) semester credit hours.
- A copy of an “Official Transcript” in a sealed envelope MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH THE APPLICATION.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
Please select at least two schools in case your first choice is unavailable. You will be notified around mid April of the status of your application.
Howard University has a reciprocal agreement (even exchange) with the above colleges and universities. There must to be a participant at the Host school interested in attending Howard University for an exchange to take place.