Students who find it necessary to withdraw from all of their classes for the current semester or for a subsequent
semester for which they have already registered must complete a Total Withdrawal Request Form. This form must be submitted by the end of the 12th week of classes for the semester in which they wish to withdraw. Students who are physically unable to complete the withdrawal in person and
students who are administratively withdrawn should contact their Dean or advisor for assistance. See the Student Reference Manual for important details.
Effective August 26, 2013, the Office of the Registrar will launch online processes for Course Override Requests and Total Withdrawal transactions. This action has been taken in response to the Provostís strategic plan to leverage technology for the efficient processing of information. The solution will automate, simplify and direct the flow of information through various individuals and business units on campus.
Requests can be initiated from a computer or mobile device and forwarded via Howard University e-mail to the appropriate individuals or departments. Once initiated, requests sent to or received from non- HU e-mail accounts will not be processed. Recipients will be notified of pending submissions and have 48 hours to review, approve or deny the request. Students will have the ability to determine where the request is in the routing process at any given time.
It is our sincere hope the utilization of electronic forms and digital signatures will result in improved operational efficiency and customer service.
Instructions for Students
- Obtain the name and Howard-issued e-mail address of your advisor
- Access the request form.
- Enter your name and preferred e-mail address as well as the Howard-issued e-mail addresses for the appropriate offices.
Important: All e-mail address must be submitted to complete the request. Incomplete forms will not be processed.
- The system will automatically generate an access code and forward via e-mail to your account.
- Enter the access code.
- Read and verify terms and conditions.
- Select review document.
- Complete all required fields highlighted in red.
- Upload supporting documentation.
- Select Confirm Signing on the left side of the document.
- Save document on-line (optional).
- Your request will be routed to the appropriate offices.
Instructions for Advisors or Designees
- Advisors or Designees will be notified of pending requests via their Howard University e-mail accounts only.
- View documents link in the e-mail.
- View and accept terms and conditions.
- Select review document.
- Override request will display with information the student has provided.
- Select the MORE dropdown box and hit decline if the request is denied and provide the reason.
- Select Sign Here to generate a signature.
- Enter your name, change signature style (optional), and then select adopt and sign.
- Select Confirm Signing to approve the request.