Financial Aid Rights and Responsibilities
Communicate in a thorough and timely manner
- Respond immediately to all correspondence from the University.
- Check your e-mail for messages regarding your student account or aid status.
- Always include your social security number and student identification number on all correspondence and telephone messages.
- Contact a Financial Aid Officer to answer questions or provide additional information.
- Keep the University informed of your current name and address at all times!
You have a right to:
- Know what financial assistance is available, including information on all Federal, State, and Institutional Financial Aid Programs and how it will be disbursed or applied to your account.
- Know the procedures and deadline for submitting applications for each available Financial Aid Program.
- Know how the institution selects its Financial Aid recipients.
- Know how and when payments will be made and the refund policy for students who withdraw.
- Request a review of the Financial Aid package should there be changes in your family’s ability to meet costs of attendance. The deadline for special circumstances appeals is November 1, 2003.
- Know how the institution determines whether you are making Satisfactory Academic Progress and what happens if you are not meeting those requirements.
- Be fully informed of the terms and provisions of loan payments, including typical repayment schedules.
You have a responsibility to:
- Pay special attention to your Application for Financial Aid, complete it accurately, and submit it on time to the proper place.
- Know and meet all deadline dates for applying or reapplying for aid.
- Provide complete and accurate information.
- Provide all documentation, corrections, and new information requested by The Office Of Financial Aid, Scholarships and Student Employment or the agency to which the application is submitted.
- Notify the institution of any information that has changed since first applying for Financial Aid.
- Read, understand, and keep copies of all forms that you are asked to sign.
- Repay student loans.
- Attend any necessary loan entrance and exit interview sessions.
- Be aware of all published Financial Aid policies, understand them, and comply with these policies.
- Notify the University immediately if your name and/or address change.