The Constitution and Citizenship
- The Constitution of the United States Read the full-text in English, Spanish, Korean, Arabic or other languages.
- The Constitution of the United States: Questions and Answers The National Archives and Records Administration provides answers to frequently asked questions about the U.S. Constitution. This site includes digital images of the Constitution and related documents.
- Centuries of Citizenship: A Constitutional Timeline Highlights selected events pertinent to our constitutional history over the past 200 years
- The Constitution at a Glance - Section headings in the Constitution, Bill of Rights, and other Amendments
- The Constitution of the United States - Full-text of the preamble and seven articles that make up the US Constitution.
- Kerber, Linda K. The Meanings of Citizenship. The Journal of American History 84, no. 3. (Dec., 1997): 833-854.
- Presidential Proclamation President Bush calls for special observances during Constitution Week, September 17 -23, 2007. September 17 is officially Constitution Day and Citizenship Day.
- The Constitution of the United States: A transcription in its original form.
- Constitution of the United States Questions and Answers excerpted from The Story of the Constitution by Sol Bloom, Washington, DC : National Archives and Record Administration, 1986, c1937.
- The Bill of Rights A transcription of the Bill of Rights and the amendments to the Constitution.
Due Process and Equal Protection
Selected Books, Articles, and Videos
- Ancheta, Angelo N. Scientific Evidence and Equal Protection of the Law. New Brunswick, NJ: Rutgers University Press, 2006. (Law Library, KF4755 A96 2006)
- Encyclopedia of the American Constitution. Edited by Leonard W. Levy and Kenneth L. Karst. 2d ed. NY: Macmillan Reference USA, 2000. (Founders, KF4548 E53 2000)
- Flack, Horace Edgar. The Adoption of the Fourteenth Amendment. Buffalo, NY: W. S. Hein, 2003. (Law, KF4757 F588 2003)
- Ingram, David. Group Rights: Reconciling Equality and Difference. Lawrence: University Press of Kansas, 2000. (Law, JF1061 I54 2000)
- Johnson, Frank Minis. Defending Constitutional Rights. Athens: University of Georgia Press, 2001. (Law, KF4764 J64 2001)
- Kelley, Tina. "Village Harassed Landlord Who Rented to Blacks, Jury Finds." New York Times 150, no. 51547(October 20, 2000): B8. Academic Search Premier, EBSCOhost (accessed September 16, 2007).
- Key Constitutional Concepts. Produced by PJ Productions, written and produced by Robe Imbriano, in association with the National Constitution Center. Philadelphia: Annenberg Foundation Trust at Sunnylands, 2006. (Undergraduate Library Media Center, KF5130 S9 K3 2006DVD)
- King, Rachel. Why a Victims' Rights Constitutional Amendment is a Bad Idea: Practical Experiences from Crime Victims. University of Cincinnati Law Review 68 (Winter 2000): 357-398.
- Lee, Francis Graham. Equal Protection: Rights and Liberties Under the Law. Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-CLIO, 2003. (Law, KF4755 L438 2003)
- Meyer, Howard N. The Amendment that Refused to Die: Equality and Justice Deferred: The History of the Fourteenth Amendment. Lanham, MD: Madison Books, 2000. (Founders and Law Libraries, KF4757 M46 2000)
- Motley, Constance Baker. "The Quest for Freedom 1776-1976: The Continuing American Revolution." The Journal of Negro History, 61, no. 1 (Jan., 1976): 7-15. (JSTOR: doi:10.2307/3031529)
- Orth, John V. Due Process of Law: A Brief History. Lawrence, Kansas: University Press of Kansas, 2003. (Founders and Law, KF4765 O78 2003)
- Smith, Christopher E., Christina DeJong, and John D. Burrow. The Supreme Court, Crime and the Ideal of Equal Justice. NY: P. Lang, 2003. (Law, KF9223 S574 2003)
- Troisi-Paton, Kimberly. The Right to Due Process. Detroit, MI: Greenhaven Press, 2005. (Founders, KF4765 R44 2005)
- Wang, Lu-in. Discrimination by Default: How Racism Becomes Routine. New York: New York University, 2006. (Law, KF4755.W36 2006)
- Zietlow, Rebecca E. Enforcing Equality: Congress, the Constitution, and the Protection of Individual Rights. NY: New York University Press, 2006. (Law, KF4764 Z54 2006)
For additional books, search Sterling or DanielWebCat for "due process" or "equality before the law."