HOWARD UNIVERSITY ARCHIVES
Phone: (202) 806-7498
|Dr. Clifford L. Muse, Jr.
||Mr. Dean C. Harris
Research is by appointment only. Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to
1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Howard University Archives serves as the official repository for
the archival records of the university. The archives collects and makes
accessible official university publications and records that document the
history of the university and its academic and administrative units. The
archives also provides information about Howard activities/events, faculty,
alumni, and staff.
Collections maintained by the Howard University Archives include:
[Home to Moorland-Spingarn] [Top of Page]
- Minutes of the Howard University Board of Trustees,1867 to the present;
- The Howardiana Collection which consists of university publications
such as annual reports, university catalogs, and student publications dating
from 1867 to the present;
- Theses and dissertations from The Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
dating from 1918 to the present;
- The Howardiana Vertical Files which consist of alphabetical files containing
news articles, programs and other material documenting the activities of
the various schools, colleges, departments and organizations of the university
dating from the early 1900s to the present;
- The Howardiana Biographical Files which provide information about distinguished
faculty, alumni and staff of the university; and
- The Howard University Archives Photographs and Audiovisual Collection which
consists of images, audiotapes, and audiovisual tapes that document the university's
physical development, activities, organizations, visiting dignitaries, administrators,
faculty, and staff.