1. Log on to the library homepage (www.howard.edu/library).
- Click on Databases - Citations, Abstracts, Full Text Articles.
- Click on All Databases, A-Z.
- Scroll down the list and click on EBSCOhost.
Notice that the box in front of the Academic Search Premier database has been selected.
- Click on Continue Button.
2. Type your terms in the blank windows.
3. To e-mail the citations of all articles you want
- Click on the Add icon to the right of each citation.
- When you have checked all the article citations you want, scroll to the top of your search screen and click on the Folder has items icon on the right.
- Click on the e-mail button.
- To e-mail the records to yourself or someone else, click on the e-mail button and follow the instructions.
If you see the full text icon below the record, it means the full text os the article is available online.
- Click on the full text icon.
- PDF full text articles look exactly as they do in magazines or journals - illustrations, charts, photos, color, etc. are all included.
- In the HTML full text format, articles appear in regular type.
If you do not see the full text icon, check for the magazine or journal title in Sterling, the online catalog, to see if the library had a paper or microfilmed copy of the article.
4. To see the format for citing a full text article from an online periodical database, go to the library home page (www. howard.edu/library) and click on
- Subject Guides
- Help Guides
- Guides to Styles of Documentation
- Choose a style (MLA, APA, etc.).
If you need additional assistance, stop by the Reference Department, second floor, Founders Library or call (202) 806-7252 or send an email to email@example.com.