Science.Gov is a gateway to authoritative selected science information provided by U.S. Government agencies, including research and development results.
Agriculture & Food; Applied Science & Technologies; Astronomy & Space; Biology & Nature; Computers & Communication; Earth & Ocean Sciences; Energy & Energy Conservation; Environment & Environmental Quality; Health & Medicine; Math, Physics, & Chemistry; Natural Resources & Conservation; Science Education
- Log onto www.science.gov.
- Click "Enter Search Terms."
- Type in the blank space your keyword(s) like "bird flu" and select "Begin Search."
Terms without quotation marks are automatically ANDed.
- You'll get results ranked by relevance or grouped in a way most likely to match your search query. The higher the number of stars, the higher the relevance.
- When results come in click on to select the latest resources.
- You may view results by rank or view by source of information.
- Use "Full Record" to search the text of the bibliographic record
- You can leave a box blank or select "From" and "To" years to search the specified range or select the same "From" and "To" years to search a single year.
- Use quotation marks to search for a phrase, e.g. "bird flu."
- Use * (truncation mark with a word to get various forms); e.g., forest* will give results like forests and forestry.
- Select all sources to search all research topics or narrow your search to a specific field.
Analyzing Search Results
- Select the linked title to view a specific record or document OR select the check boxes beside the result to view.
- presents a list of results you marked during the current session.
- deletes all previous selections.
- gives you the expanded version of the selected documents.
- To bookmark an item, go to the direct URL by selecting the Permanent Link.