Recommended Resources (Books and Articles)
Note about remote access to restricted databases, designated by "R".
- Smith, Barbara Leigh, Jean MacGregor, Roberta Matthews, Faith Gabelnick. Learning Communities: Reforming Undergraduate Education. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, 2004. [0-7879-10368] LB2331 .L392 2004
- Laufgraden, Jodi Levine and Nancy Shapiro. Sustaining and Improving Learning Communities. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2004.
[0-7879-60543] LB2341 .L245 2004
- Kuh,Goerge D., Jillian Kinzie, John H. Schuh, Elizabeth J. Whitt, et al. Student Success in College: Creating Conditions that Matter. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, 2005 [0-7879-7914-7] LB2343.32 .S79 2005
- Shapiro, Nancy S. and Jodi H. Levine. Creating Learning Communities: A Practical Guide to Winning Support, Organizing for Change, and Implementing Programs. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, 1999  LB2331 .S473 1999
- Fink, L Dee. Creating Significant Learning Experiences: An Integrated Approach to Designing College Courses. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, 2003  LB2331 .F495 2003
- Cox, Milton and Richlin, Lavine, eds. Building Faculty Learning Communities. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2004 [0-7879-7568 0] LB1025.2 .N456 no.97
- Retallck, John, Barry Cocklin, and Kennece Coombe. Learning Communities in Education: Issues, Strategies, and Contexts. London: Routledge, 1999 [0-415-19760-0]
- Bloom, Dan and Colleen Sommo. Building Learning Communities: Early Results from the Opening Doors Demonstration at Kingsborough Community College. 2005 [pdf]
- Foster, Lenar. The Practice of Educational Leadership in African American Communities of Learning: Context, Scope, and Meaning. Educational Administration Quarterly. 2005
[full text] R
- Stassen, Martha L.A. Student Outcomes: The Impact of Varying Living-Learning Community Models. Research in Higher Education. 2003 [full text] R
You are invited to submit additional Resources to this collection