Keeping you posted...
(MS)² in the NEWS
- December 2013 - #NPRBlacksinTech: Kids Create Mobile Apps In the Classroom.... read more
- May 2012 - 2nd Annual Uncommon Alliance Global Education Conference S.T.E.M Education Around the World Webcast of the conference: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/gec-conference-at-ms-2
- February 2012 - Najya Williams testified in front of the DC Council... to view
- January 2012 - Mayor Vincent C. Gray and Microsoft Announce Strategic Digital Alliance to view and read more
- January 2012 - Ms. Florentia Spires becomes a NASA Fellow! read more
- September 2011 - South African Minister to Visit Howard Middle School read more
- April 2011 - EDUCATION and the WORKFORCE COMMITTEE
"Education Reforms: Promoting Flexibility and Innovation"
Mr. Yohance Maqubela, Chief Financial Officer has testified at the Rayburn Building. read more and view the webcast of the hearing.
- March 2011 - British Education Secretary Seeks Answers at Howard University Middle School read more
- March 2011 - Sixth grade student Donovan Jordan won FIRST PLACE in the 2011 Washington Informer City-wide Spelling Bee competition! He follows in the footsteps of (MS)2 student, Avery Coffey, an eighth grader, who won FIRST PLACE in 2010. Kudos to (MS)2 Reading Specialist Rebeccah Christian, who served as coach for both students.
- February 2011 -( MS)² has been selected as a representative by participating in the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP).... read more
- February 2011 - (MS)² Granted Approval to Continue for another Five Years.. read more
- (MS)² Teachers received the Helen Matthews Rand Endowed Scholarship... read more
- Howard University Middle School Solar Car Teams Dominate Regional Championship. continue reading
- NASA and EPA Administrators met with (MS)² students and signed a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) to promote collaboration between NASA and EPA for cooperation in environmental and Earth sciences and environmental management applications. read more
- (MS)² is a “Top 10 School” for the state of DC in the 2009 Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth Talent Search. continue reading
- (MS)² is now recognized as the Junior Division School in the 2010 City-Wide Science Fair.
- Avery Coffey, an eighth grader won 1st place in the nail-biting Washington Informer City-wide Spelling Bee competition continue reading
<back to (MS)² homepage