Howard University Community:
The University will be closed on Friday, Feb. 14, due to the inclement weather. Outpatient clinical services for the Faculty Practice Plan and Howard University Hospital will also be closed. The Emergency Response Team, led by Chief Brian Jordan, is prepared to respond and restore the campus following the snow storm. Per our communications protocol, the University will notify the community of closures and delays through HU Communications (eblast), Howard.edu, WHUR 96.3 FM, social media platforms and local broadcast stations.
If you must travel, please exercise caution.
Please note the status of the following services for Feb. 14:
- DINING SERVICES
- Campus Dining Services will open in the Blackburn Center and the Bethune Annex:
- Brunch 10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Dinner 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- All retail operations will be closed.
- SHUTTLE SERVICES
- Shuttles will operate unless travel is deemed unsafe.
- HEALTH SERVICES
- All students should report to Howard University Hospital for medical emergencies.
- PUBLIC SAFETY
- Public Safety personnel are essential and will be available, 24/7. To contact the Department of Public Safety, please call 202-806-1100.
- LIBRARY SERVICES Closed
- i-LAB Closed
The Emergency Response Team includes:
Department of Public Safety
Office of Physical Facilities Management (Shuttle Transportation) Office of University Communications Department of Physics and Astronomy Office of Student Affairs Office of Residence Life Office of Special Events and Protocols Office of Auxiliary Services Enterprise Technology Services Howard University Hospital University Libraries Department of Biology DC Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency Office of Student Special Services Department of Intercollegiate Athletics