Speakers for the summit include representatives from the Greater Washington Region of the American Heart Association; Dress for Success – Washington, D.C.; U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission; Walgreens; Center for Minority Business Development at Prince George’s County Community College; Optimal Living Magazine; Empowering Relationships, LLC; CommonHealth ACTION; Regret Free Life; noted psychiatrist Dr. Michael Torres; Young Invincibles; OneDiaspora Group; and The Training Source.
Schedule of Events
9:45 a.m. Press interviews through 10 a.m. (Members of the press should email JPMcKoy@ksgsc.com to confirm coverage)
10:30 a.m. Summit begins/Opening Plenary Session
11:45 a.m. Breakout Sessions:
Track 1: Make Money, Keep Money
- Financial planning, student loans, debt reduction
Track 2: Career Preparation
- Resumes, interviews, social media usage, questions to ask before you accept the
Track 3: Exploring Entrepreneurship
- Establishing your business, strategic and business planning, human resources/policies, tips to ensure your business success
Track 4: Physical Health & Safety
- Protecting yourself on and off campus, heart health, nutrition
Track 5: Emotional Health & Spirituality
- Stress reduction, getting control of your emotions, and confronting depression
Track 6: Relationships, Sexual Health, and Gender Roles
- Dating, maintaining healthy relationships, sexual health issues, and student resources on and off campus
1:45 p.m. Networking Luncheon
2:30 p.m. Closing Plenary: Develop and Implement Your Own Wealth & Wellness Plan
3:30 p.m. Post-event press interviews until 4 p.m.
For more information about the Wealth & Wellness Summit, call 202-904-1380, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.ksgsc.com/careerconnect.html. Follow @CareerConnectDC on Twitter for the latest updates.