eGrants - Web-Based Grants Proposal System User Acceptance Testing - June 2013
The University is pleased to announce a new eGrants system to support electronic proposal preparation, routing, tracking, and submission. Based on faculty suggestions and guidance, we have engaged a vendor that is implementing the requested automated proposal solution. We are making customizations to the solution and will be working with faculty during User Testing sessions for final development and system testing in June 2013.
The new tool offers the following key benefits:
- Eliminate the labor intensive, slow moving paper process;
- Ensure data integrity through a centralized database;
- Improve operational inter-departmental processes by eliminating paper shuffling; and
- Allow ad-hoc flexible reporting.
- Online access from anywhere via the web;
- Interfaces directly with major federal sponsor’s systems (grants.gov, research.org, fastlane);
- Screens proposals for consistency with sponsor requirements and completeness which will reduce the “rejected” proposals rate;
- Electronic signature and routing;
- Generates auto-alerts to Howard parties – next in line notifications;
- “Smart” forms – the system modifies the online form based on answers to questions entered;
- Pre-populated fields – static information (i.e., Name, Employee ID, Home Department, Email Address, etc.) will not need to be entered each time; and
- Personalized online dashboard - researchers can design the look and feel of their home page.