HU ADVANCE-IT Writing Retreat
We invite you to submit an application to attend the first HU ADVANCE-IT Writing Retreat. Open to HU Women in the STEM disciplines, the HU ADVANCE-IT Writing Retreat will allow you the opportunity to get away from interruptions and devote two days to writing and/or finalizing your papers and articles. At Osprey Point Inn, Restaurant and Marina, you'll experience wonderful accommodations, great dining, and will be away from the burdens and distractions of everyday living.
February 6-8, 2014 and February 7-9, 2014
Registration Information: Deadline: January 3, 2014
The goal of the retreat is provide Howard University women faculty in STEM departments within the College of Arts and Sciences, School of Engineering, Architecture and Computer Science, and College of Medicine (Basic Sciences only) with the opportunity to write for 2 full days. During the retreat, participants’ writing goals should lead to completing a draft (either the 1st or a major revision) of a manuscript for submission for publication.
- Applicants must be full-time, tenure-track, female faculty in the STEM disciplines at Howard University.
- No more than two (2) applicants per application submission.
- All Retreat Writing Projects must be expanded into manuscripts to be submitted to peer-reviewed journals within 30 business days of the adjournment of the retreat.
- Participants must participant in entire Writing Retreat, depending on which writing group you indicate.
- HU ADVANCE-IT will NOT provide laptops or computers.
PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT an opportunity for those attempting to write grant proposals or for those in the ideation phase of a research project.
- Application submissions must be from the following categories. Please make note of the submission requirements for each category.
- Conference Presentation - Application requires: conference name, presentation abstract, and a copy of either the poster, powerpoint presentation, or speech.
- Conference Poster
- Conference Speech
- Data ready for analysis - Application requires an abstract and a description of data set, model, case study, clinical presentation, and/or experiment results Graphs of datasets, results from a model, etc. can be included.
- Manuscript Accepted, but with Revisions – Application requires: name of publication, abstract, and submission deadline date.
- Rejected Manuscript (that will be submitted to another journal) – Application requires: abstract and copy of rejection letter/email.
- Invited Manuscript from a Journal/Publisher
- Invited Review - Application requires: abstract and outline which defines the scope.
- Research Manuscript – Application requires: abstract and a description of the data ready for analysis.
For application and registration information, visit http://huadvanceit.cldc.howard.edu/node/14
For more information, contact:
- Leshell Hatley
Phone: (202) 238-2448