Office of Grants Management
The Office of Grants Management (OGM) was created in September 2012 to support Principal Investigators and other research staff members to facilitate processes that impact the execution and conduct of their grants.
OGM resides in the Office of the Provost. It is designed to interface with faculty while RAS has oversight of grants and contracts including accounting, reporting, compliance, auditing and sponsor interface. RAS is the official signatory of applications and awards for Howard University.
To promote the development of a robust research enterprise dedicated to encouraging innovative research, creative, and scholarly activities; to facilitate the planning and development of proposals that secure extramural funding; and to coordinate timely and systematic dissemination of the research and scholarly achievements of faculty and researchers at Howard University.
To be a premier research institution, building upon Howard University’s historical legacy of commitment to the discovery of solutions to the most complex human problems in the United States and around the world.
- Proposal Development and Review
- Review Budget Development
- Disseminate information of funding opportunities in alignment with faculty research interests
- Assist in the identification of potential funding sources
- Identify agency contact at specific funding agencies
- Identify potential HU collaborators on a proposal to address a specific task or needs
- Facilitate the development of multidisciplinary teams to respond to specific program announcements and funding opportunities
- Navigate and guide the procurement process by providing procedural steps
- Navigate and guide with the Human Capital Management PeopleSoft process by providing procedural steps
- Navigate and guide internal financial processes by providing procedural steps
- Assist with Effort Certification training