Summer Conference Housing > Summer Conference Policies

Summer Conference Policies

CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY

The Howard University Cancellation and Refund Policy state that the following actions are problematic:

1. Delaying completion of application until day of check-in

2. Failing to provide notice of cancellation for reserved spaces

3. Reducing and/or adding to the number of group participants

without advance notice, due to the disruption of structured processes and the loss of revenue caused by last minute changes. Such actions are problematic because, once group reservations are confirmed, administrative and housekeeping operations are initiated to prepare for the individual/group's arrival.

Therefore, groups or individuals that cancel one week prior to the confirmed arrival date or thereafter will incur a charge at the rate of 15% of the total cost listed on the original invoice. The remaining 85% will be refunded.

Groups that reduce the number of participants one week or less prior to the confirmed arrival date as specified on the original completed Summer Conference and Group Housing Application, will incur a penalty at the rate of 10% of the total cost listed on the original invoice.

 

SUMMER CONFERENCE KEY POLICY

Receiving of keys

The room keys for all participants will be given to the group coordinator(s) upon check -in. It will then be the coordinator's responsibility to distribute keys to the program participants.

Returning of keys

The room keys of all participants must be returned to the front desk at least one-half hour before check-out.

Lost keys

Lost keys must be reported immediately. If a key is lost or reported missing a charge of $10.00 will be assessed to cover the cost of cutting new keys. Keys are not transferable and may not be duplicated. Guests may not install auxiliary locks, and/or locking devices on room doors.

For security reasons, it is very important that guests keep their room key with them at all times. Guests should always lock their room doors when they are out of the room or when they are sleeping.

LOSS OR DAMAGE OF PERSONAL PROPERTY

The University shall not be responsible for any personal property of the guest which may be lost, damaged, stolen or for any loss thereof occasioned by fire, the elements or other casualty.

TERMINATION

The University reserves the right to terminate this agreement and take possession of said room occupied by the guest for violation of any terms of this agreement including default in the aforementioned payment of fees, or the violation of any health ordinance or regulation of the District of Columbia.

SPECIAL NOTES: NO FINANCIAL ADJUSTMENTS WILL BE MADE FOR ANY REDUCTION(S) IN THE NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS AFTER THE CONFIRMED CHECK- IN. SPONSORS WILL NOT BE REIMBURSED FOR ANY PARTICIPANTS WHO DEPART PRIOR TO THE OFFICIAL CHECK-OUT DATE.

 

Application Deadline for Summer 2014: June 1, 2014

Click for APPLICATION