School of Education
6th ANNUAL JOBFAIR FOR EDUCATORS
Link to online registration form
WHEN AND WHERE IS THE CAREER FAIR BEING HELD?
- The Fair is being held on Tuesday, March 26th, 2013, on Howard University's campus at the Armour J. Blackburn University Center - 2400 6th Street, NW
- 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
SHOULD I ATTEND?
- Yes, if you are seeking employment with a public, charter, or private PK-12 school. The Fair is open to pre-service and certified teachers, school counselors, principals, school psychologists, school social workers, and all other professional school personnel. You can also come to the Fair if you are just curious about employment in a school district.
WILL SCHOOL AND DISTRICT RECRUITERS BE AT THE FAIR?
- Human resources directors and other school officers representing PK-12 schools and districts from all across the nation will be at the Fair to recruit you. The directors will share the following information: salary and benefits structure; school/district needs; and incentive options (such as signing bonuses, mortgage assistance, and graduate school tuition support options).
- If you are not graduating this year, your name will be added to school and district databases so that you can be contacted with a job offer prior to graduation.
DO I NEED TO REGISTER?
- The Fair is free to participants, but registration is required. You can register on-line: Link to online registration form
- Limited on-site registration will be available.
- You are encouraged to attach an electronic copy of your résumé (up to 2MB)
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
- At least 10 copies of your résumé on white, 100% cotton bond paper
(if you did not submit it electronically).
- Be sure to have your résumé edited and proofread. For a variety of résumé and cover letter formats for teachers, principals, and other school personnel see www.resumesforteachers.com
WHAT IS THE APPROPRIATE ATTIRE?
- Standard business attire only. Preferably blue or black suit. Knee length or longer skirts for women. Modest jewelry.
- See www.dresscodeguide.com for recommended attire.
WHO CAN I CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION?
Dr. Wilma Bonner firstname.lastname@example.org or
Ms. Gerleta Grandison email@example.com
WHICH SCHOOL DISTRICTS WILL BE AT THE JOB FAIR?
Schools and school districts with contact information request that interested interviewees contact them prior to the fair to set up exact interview times. Other schools and school districts will establish interview times on the day of the fair.
Alexandria City Public Schools - VA
Anne Arundel County Public Schools - MD
Arlington Public Schools - VA
Baltimore City Public Schools - MD
Baltimore County Public Schools - MD
Birmingham Public Schools - MI
Bloomfield Public Schools - CT
Booker T. Washington Public Charter School - DC
Calvert County Public Schools - MD
Cape Henlopen School District - DE
Center Public Charter School - DC
Cesar Chavez - DC
Charles County Public Schools - MD
Chesterfield County Public Schools - VA
Colonial School District - DE
Community Academy Public Charter School - DC
Dallas Independent School District - TX
DC Preparatory Academy - DC
Democracy Prep Public Schools - NY
Detroit Public Schools - MI
District of Columbia Public Schools - DC
Duval County Public Schools - FL
E.L. Haynes Public Charter Schools - DC
Elementary School District 159 - IL
Fairfax County Public Schools - VA
Fayette County Public Schools - KY
Frederick County Public Schools - MD
Garland School District - TX
Harford County Public Schools - MD
Harlem Children's Zone Promise Academy - NY
Higher Ground Academy - MN
Howard County Public Schools - MD
Howard University Middle School of Mathematics and Science - DC
Imagine Schools DC Region - DC
Ingenuity Prep Public Charter School - DC
Loudoun County Public Schools - VA
Morris School District - NJ
Noble Network of Charter Schools
Paul Public Charter School - DC
Prince George's County Public Schools - MD
Prince William County Public Schools - VA
Scholar Academies - PA
Seaford School District - DE
The SEED School of DC - DC
Spotsylvania County - VA
Springfield Public Schools - MA
St. Coletta of Greater Washington - DC
St. Mary's County Public Schools - MD
Talbot County - MD
Tuscon Unified School District - AZ
The Key School - MD
The Madeira School - VA
Uncommon Schools - NY
Virginia Beach City Public Schools - VA
Wake County Public School System - NC
//define the receiver of the email
$to = 'firstname.lastname@example.org';
//define the subject of the email
$subject = 'Test email';
//define the message to be sent. Each line should be separated with \n
$message = "Hello World!\n\nThis is my first mail.";
//define the headers we want passed. Note that they are separated with \r\n
$headers = "From: email@example.com\r\nReply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org";
//send the email
$mail_sent = @mail( $to, $subject, $message, $headers );
//if the message is sent successfully print "Mail sent". Otherwise print "Mail failed"
echo $mail_sent ? "Mail sent" : "Mail failed";