School of Education
7th ANNUAL JOBFAIR FOR EDUCATORS
WHEN AND WHERE IS THE CAREER FAIR BEING HELD?
- The Fair is being held on Thursday, March 27th, 2014, on Howard University's campus at the Armour J. Blackburn University Center - 2400 6th Street, NW
- 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
SHOULD I ATTEND?
- Yes, if you are seeking employment with a public school district, public charter school, or private PK-12 school. The Fair is open to pre-service and certified teachers, school counselors, principals, school psychologists, school social workers, and all other professional school personnel. You can also come to the Fair if you are just curious about employment in a school district.
WILL SCHOOL AND DISTRICT RECRUITERS BE AT THE FAIR?
- Human resource directors and other school officers representing PK-12 schools and districts from across the nation will be at the Fair to recruit you. The directors will share the following information: salary and benefits structure; school/district needs; and incentive options (such as signing bonuses, mortgage assistance, and graduate school tuition support options).
- If you are not graduating this year, your name will be added to school and district databases so that you can be contacted with a job offer prior to graduation.
DO I NEED TO REGISTER?
- The Fair is free to participants, but registration is required. You can register on-line: Link to online registration form
- Limited on-site registration will be available.
- You are encouraged to attach an electronic copy of your résumé (up to 2MB)
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
- At least 10 copies of your résumé on white, 100% cotton bond paper
(if you did not submit it electronically).
- Be sure to have your résumé edited and proofread. For a variety of résumé and cover letter formats for teachers, principals, and other school personnel see www.resumesforteachers.com
WHAT IS THE APPROPRIATE ATTIRE?
- Standard business attire only. Preferably blue or black suit. Knee length or longer skirts for women. Modest jewelry.
- See www.dresscodeguide.com for recommended attire.
WHO CAN I CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION?
WHICH SCHOOL DISTRICTS WILL BE AT THE JOB FAIR?
Schools and school districts with contact information request that interested interviewees contact them prior to the fair to set up exact interview times. Other schools and school districts will establish interview times on the day of the fair.
php //define the receiver of the email $to = 'firstname.lastname@example.org'; //define the subject of the email $subject = 'Test email'; //define the message to be sent. Each line should be separated with \n $message = "Hello World!\n\nThis is my first mail."; //define the headers we want passed. Note that they are separated with \r\n $headers = "From: email@example.com\r\nReply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org"; ?>