TRiO | Upward Bound | Mathematics/Science
Upward Bound Mathematics and Science
The Howard University Upward Bound Mathematics and Science (UBMS) has been funded since 1991 to serve 68 participants annually. UBMS serves students from the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia. The major thrust of the program is to increase student confidence in their mathematics and science ability so that they will pursue undergraduate majors and careers in mathematics and the sciences. HUB offers qualified students an array of academic services including:
- Academic, personal, and career counseling;
- Student assessments to help determine interests, abilities, and academic skills;
- Instructional classes in English, engineering, mathematics, foreign language, science, computer applications, and SAT preparation;
- Career, cultural and recreational excursions.
- Be a U.S. citizen or resident alien;
- Be a low-income, first-generation college bound student;
- Be enrolled in the ninth or tenth grade;
- Currently enrolled or completed biology and algebra 1 with a grade of “C” or better;
- Need academic support.
Joseph B. Hill, Director
Ebbon Allen, Academic Coordinator
Brenda L. Robin, Administrative Coordinator