Clearance for Graduation
View pdf file (Acrobat Reader required)
OFFICE OF STUDENT
Congratulations! Your name has been submitted to this office as a prospective graduate for May 2002. A mandatory graduation fee of $100 has
been charged to your account.
To obtain financial clearance, you must adhere to the following:
- Payment of the $100.00 graduation fee. Personal checks are
- Recipients of University Emergency Loans must clear the
Student Loan Office by April 19,2002. Personal checks are not acceptable.
- Recipients of Perkins, Health Professional Loans, Loans for
Disadvantaged Students, Nursing, and/or Long Term University Loans are
required to have an exit interview with the Student Loan Office by Apri119,
2002. Contact the Student Loan Office for an appointment at (202) 806-2570.
- Students with Direct Student Loans may conduct their Direct
Loan exit interview via web at http://www.dlservicer.ed.gov.You must have your Department of Education
Pin Number to access your account. If you experience problems you must report
to the Direct Loan Office at the Howard Center by Apri119, 2002.
- Library fines or lost books charges must be satisfied at
Founder's Library or any branch library by April 19, 2002.
- All outstanding obligations for tuition, room, meals and
related fees must be satisfied in the Student Accounts Office by April 19,
2002. Personal checks are not acceptable.
- Recipients of Stafford (GSL) or non-subsidized Stafford Loans
are required to have a financial aid clearance exit interview. Contact the
Office of Financial Aid and Student Employment for an appointment at (202)
806-2820. (Note: This is not the same as the Student Loan Office).
It is your responsibility to clear each of the above offices
before your name can be submitted to the Dean of your College or School as
being financially clear. If you have any additional questions regarding your
student account, please call (202) 806-2610/2600.
R. Diane Wyatt-Hammond
Director of Student Financial Services
2400 6th Street NW, Suite 115
Washington, DC 20059
(202) 806-2610 Fax (202) 806-5182