iLAB Access Policy
ETS maintains the iLAB and its 2 digital classrooms, lounge with vending machines and bathroom facilities, as well as the
Blackburn Center Computer Lab.
Who can use the iLAB Facility?
- Currently enrolled and validated Howard University students*
- Faculty and staff currently employed by HU.
- A valid Howard ID is needed to access the iLAB.
- Children are not allowed access into any of the iLAB facilities.
*Exceptions: During Fall Freshman Orientation and Registration week, one parent is allowed inside the computer lab if
he/she must make online payment for his/her freshman student. The parent MUST be accompanied by the student and
MUST produce a state ID for identification purposes.
Visiting the iLAB
The iLAB is not open to public use.
Family and friends, of a member of Howard University or the Hospital, carrying a state ID and accompanied by the
student/faculty/staff relative who is an eligible iLAB user:
- Parents/adult siblings of a currently enrolled student are allowed to tour the iLAB
- Immediate relatives of a Faculty/Staff currently employed by HU Alumni visiting the campus with their immediate
families (e.g. Homecoming, Commencement, Freshman Orientation etc).
- Professor Emeritus and their immediate family.
Requesting a Tour of the iLAB
- In Person: At the Access Desk at the iLAB entrance on Bryant St.
- By phone: Call 806-0650, the Office of Academic Support (adjacent to the iLAB)
All visitors will be escorted to a guided tour by an iLAB staff person.